PHOENIX ARIZONA BEAGLE CLUB
CODE OF ETHICS
This Code of Ethics is presented as a guide for all members to best preserve and promote the unique characteristics of the Beagle in all areas.
AS A CLUB:
- We shall abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of the American Kennel Club, the Phoenix Arizona Beagle Club, and the AKC Code of Sportsmanship.
- We shall promote all areas of Beagle ownership.
- We shall support Beagle Rescue in their efforts throughout the state of Arizona.
- We shall help educate the public about the breed and responsible ownership.
AS A MEMBER:
- I shall comply with Phoenix Arizona Beagle Club and AKC rules and regulations.
- I shall maintain a high standard of sportsmanship, good will, and friendship at all shows, trials and meetings.
- I shall make every effort to educate and assist newcomers to the breed in all aspects.
- I shall not, as a show chairman or show secretary, enter or exhibit any dog owned or co-owned at our Phoenix Arizona Beagle Club show.
- I shall not degrade or discredit any other member, kennel, dog, handler, judge, or kennel club.
AS A BREEDER:
- I shall only breed dogs recognized by the AKC.
- I shall breed only to improve the quality of the breed.
- I shall sell all pet puppies on written spay and neuter contracts and abide by them.
- I shall sell all pet puppies on “limited” registry.
- I shall disclose any known genetic, physical or temperament defects or faults.
- I shall never sell, donate or dispose of any dog(s) to pet shops, wholesalers, commercial dealers, paid agents or as a prize.
- I shall maintain accurate breeding records, registration papers and pedigrees as per AKC guidelines.
AS AN OWNER:
- I shall only breed dogs recognized by the AKC.I shall always maintain a high standard of health, cleanliness, and care for my dog(s).
- I shall not advertise misleading or fraudulent information, statements or opinions.
- I shall be responsible for my actions and that of my dog(s) at all times.
- I shall put the welfare of my dog(s) above personal gain or convenience.